- Excellent instruction and individual attention is provided by 28 qualified and committed faculty members. Fifty percent hold at least one master's degree; 1 holds earned doctorate and 1 is in progress.
- Established in 1968, Spring Valley Academy is a private PreK-12 Seventh-day Adventist college preparatory school.
- Students enrolled at SVA must fulfill admission requirements which include academic and character recommendations, an entrance assessment (for those entering Grades K-8), and a personal entrance interview with administration.
- Chartered by the Ohio State Department of Education with college preparatory designation
- Accredited by the Middle States Association of Schools and Colleges
- Accredited by the North American Division of Seventh-day Adventists
- Classes are taught from a Christian worldview with an emphasis on the integration of biblical truth throughout the curriculum.
Ohio Graduation Test Results
- 95% of Class of 2010 SVA students passed on first attempt
- SVA ranked top 3% of all Ohio schools (both public & private) in OGT results
ACT, ITBS & ITED Scores - In the 2011-12 school year SVA students in Grades 3-8, five of the six grades scored at the 85th percentile or higher while one class made target at the 80% or higher and three classes scored higher than 90th percentile. All three high school grades that took the ITED scored above the 85th percentile ranking and had a composite score of 24.4 for the American College Test (ACT). National average score is 21.
Class of 2012:
[This class has the distinction of being the smallest class in SVA history...a total of 12 seniors!]
-two received an Honors Diploma
-three are members of the National Honor Society
-four have been at SVA for grades 1 through 12 while five attended all four years of high school at SVA
-one parent is an SVA alumnus
-two earned the President's Education Award for a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or above and a standardized achievement test score at the 85th percentile or higher in math and/or reading
-three have a cumulative GPA of 3.75 or higher
-four received a College Prep Diploma
-six were recognized by the Community Blood Center for being a life-saving blood donor donating blood three or more times during their high school career
-11 seniors were awarded a combined total of more than $700,000 dollars in scholarships!